WHY DARK ROAST COFFEE IS THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE
Coffee, one of the most consumed food all over the world is preferred in various flavours, taste and aroma. Apart from the species of the coffee beans, the type of roast is responsible for their different flavours.
The coffee is either light roast, medium roast or dark roast coffee. People choose between any of these roasts out of different sentiments but I will be sharing some benefits of the dark roast coffee which is preferred by more people.
What is Meant by Light Roast, Medium Roast and Dark Roast Coffee?
Coffee is harvested as green bean seeds. At this stage, they are covered up in their skin and contain lots of moisture which needs to be gotten rid of. This process involves drying through different ways and roasting before being ground into the regular powdered form which is directly consumed.
Coffee contains caffeine but its amount in light roast coffee is different from that in dark roast coffee. While Dark roast coffee has stronger and more inviting aroma, light roast coffee contains more amount of caffeine. A white crystal, acrylamide is usually produced during the roasting process but its quantity reduces with the caffeine content as it becomes a dark roast coffee.
Benefits of Taking Dark Roast Coffee
- Contains more phenylindanes that Prevents Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease:
Tau and beta-amyloid are toxic proteins known to be responsible for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Alzheimer affects the brain destroying memory and other mental functions while Parkinson’s disease still affects the brain but leads to a mental disorder affecting movement. These diseases cannot be cured but phenylidanes which are contained more in dark roast coffee can stop the inhibition of those toxic proteins.
- Can Help Reduce Body Weight
Losing weight may be one of the hardest thing to do when you intend to and being bulky may be so much stress to manage; this may be due to overfeeding, lack of exercise, genetics, etc. Dark roast coffees, even with the mind-blowing taste is said to be very helpful at losing weight so why not “kill two birds with one stone”; great taste and less weight.
- Dark roast coffee contains more N-methylpyridinium
Some people complain about stomach irritations after taking light roast coffee. This is not the case for dark roast coffee because it contains N-methylpyridinium that prevents the production of acids in the stomach which is less in the light roasts.
Coffee in general has a lot of health benefits regardless of the roast but here are some general deductions about coffee
General tips about coffee
- Can replace water: study has shown that taking coffee is just similar to taking water. It hydrates just the same way as water when consumed moderately.
- Can help you focus and provides more energy: Athletes tend to do better when they take coffee before hitting the gym. It could also help one concentrate on a task.
- Protects the body against some sicknesses: Coffee intake whether, light or dark roast coffee can protect the body from some diseases and reduce the risks of suffering from ailments. Such diseases are Alzheimer’s disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer, heart and liver diseases
So, feel free to take your coffee whatever the type of roast is, from Muthaland Coffee although in moderation and enjoy its benefits.